Every business desires to stand out by ranking well when a potential customer or client does a web search. Local search is now becoming the normal way potential customers and clients find a business to get goods and services from. In fact over 65% of prospective customers and clients use the web to find local products or services.
Reviews, in my opinion are the major tie breaker for local search listings. Things being equal more reviews, from more sources may help put your listing at the very top whilst keeping it there. Additionally, it can catapult your listing into the top 10 where it previously was not found. Google wants to see there is certainly interest in a business from your community. Additionally potential customers like to see reviews as the number one factor for many people is exactly what other existing customers need to say regarding a business or service.
Typically hospitality businesses and repair providers will typically have citations in different locations around the Internet. Here are the directories where you will find reviews:
· Insider Pages
· Ask Business Search
· InfoUSA Sales Solutions
· Judy’s Book
· Angie’s List
Generally these are legitimate reviews left by actual customers. In some industries you will find marketing providers that generate user reviews. I used to be told with a dentist their competitor used this kind of service to generate plenty of reviews. In addition, i know some businesses contract with companies who go offshore (Philippine Islands mostly) and also have reviews artificially generated.
For brand new businesses and independent professionals you should develop a want to generate reviews. Ask your mates to assist have the ball rolling. Ask existing customers if they will help. Offer new business an incentive should they leave an evaluation. Allow it to be easy so they can do this, provide specific links and instructions. Offering a bonus like a Starbucks gift card, a price reduction on future business will all help your efforts. Be cautious though, don’t bunch reviews up at once, space them out. It appears odd if you get ten reviews some day and none for the following 2 months.
Citations are also like backlinks. Links in sites that have your business contact info also assist the cause. Mentions in local newsletters, event calendars, media sites (radio, newspaper, and television) will create backlinks and citation mention for the local company listing.
Some important considerations within your review strategy:
· Obtaining Reviews From your Major Directories- A list above covers a lot of the major search directories. There are likely smaller ones serving regions or individual cities. Because I mentioned for those who have a hospitality business (restaurant, bar, hotel, etc.) then you certainly likely have reviews.
· Local Citations- Web sites that serve the neighborhood community including media, Chamber of Commerce, city guides and so on might have reference to your small business or service. Make sure they may have accurate links to you personally and make contact with information.
· Reviews searching Engine Listings- The major internet search engine local business listings enable you to leave reviews. It is really an simple and easy , convenient place to leave reviews in case you are not within the hospitality or contracting business.
· Testimonials at Third Party Websites- There could be countless these in every locale. They may include local blogs. Again, be sure your mention contains accurate location information.
· Positive Customer Ratings- Oddly enough it would appear that it does not really matter if the reviews are excellent, bad or indifferent. This only applies regarding the success or failure from the listing, not very customer’s perception of your business.
Some time spent on cultivating reviews will cause big dividends during your search presence and success. Check out the number of the very first couple of local listings have. That might be your target to conquer! Local search engines like google employ NAP, i.e. Name, Address and Telephone number- as a yardstick for accuracy and consistency to validate local businesses. It is crucial to ensure that including the smallest piece of data offered here aligns in the perfect fashion. Being an entrepreneur you require to ensure that you are avoiding even most seemingly negligible mistake which may hurt your citation.
For instance, if you’re running “Bowie’s Confectionery” and enlisting (within the local directories) yourself as “Bowies’ Confectionery” then you definitely have your registration wrong. It’s your NAP which differentiates your business from that relating to others. It is possible to jolly well imagine the quantity of confectioneries conducting business in your town. Most of them are iythcm of the value of local SEO. As a result, these are registering in directories as well. It’s your Name, Address and Phone that provides your company its true identity- often lets your prospects differentiate your small business from that of others. So, you cannot manage to fail there.
It ought to be ensured your NAP is consistent across all local directories. There is no room for many different names, addresses and cell phone numbers in various directories. You need to position the right name, address and contact number on the first directory and sustain it across all directories. There is absolutely no room for errors as far as spellings, numbers or perhaps single alphabets in local citation. The Regional Search Engine Optimization Company that you simply are hiring, should be knowledgeable of this kind of factor.